What is it? – Mobile Deposit allows you to make deposits from anywhere using your eligible mobile device. This feature is available through our current mobile banking app, so no need to download a new app! If you currently do not have our Mobile Banking app, please click here.
Fees – There is no charge from Iowa State Bank for Mobile Deposit; however, text and/or data plan charges from your mobile service provider may apply.
Deposit Limits – The per check limit is $1,500, and the daily deposit limit is $3,000, however you can request higher deposit limits by calling our office at 712-662-4721.
Endorsement Requirements – Each check to be deposited via mobile deposit will need to be endorsed with the following: “For Mobile Deposit Only – ISB” and your signature.
Deposit Times – Approved deposits made prior to 3:00 PM Monday – Friday, will post on the following business day. Deposits made on Saturday, Sunday, or on a Federal Holiday will post the 2nd business day. (Deposit Saturday or Sunday, funds will be available Tuesday)
How to Use Mobile Deposit – Open the Mobile Banking app (TouchBanking) and sign in. You will notice there is a tab labeled Deposits. You can now Deposit Check or view Deposit Check History.
* Hit Deposit Check
* Select appropriate account to deposit into and enter the check amount
* Hit Front Image and take a picture of the front of the check (Camera button lower right of screen, if picture is clear, hit Use)
* Hit Back Image and take a picture of the back of the check (Camera button lower right of screen, if picture is clear, hit Use)
* Hit Next to review the Account and Amount, then hit Confirm to deposit your check
* If your check is successfully submitted, Pending will appear. This means you have successfully submitted your check for deposit, and it will be reviewed by bank personnel for approval. Please Note: Deposits that are successfully submitted, but rejected by the bank during our review process will have a FAILED notification next to the item. You can see the status of your item in the Review Deposit History section of the Deposits tab. No other notification will be given. The check will need to be resubmitted or deposited via another method.
Deposit Review – All deposits will be reviewed by bank personnel before they are approved. Any check improperly endorsed, third party checks, poor quality checks, incomplete checks, foreign checks, multiple payee checks, altered checks, non-negotiable checks or any check suspected to be fraud will be returned. Any check that is deposited twice will be rejected.
Failed Deposits – If you receive a Deposit Failed notification, your check was not successfully submitted. A reason for the failed Deposit will be listed, please try again!
Deposit Issues – The mobile deposit software may automatically reject items before they reach our bank for review. The software will send you immediate notification if the submission has been rejected and the reason why. To avoid any submission issues please follow these helpful tips:
* The check needs to be endorsed with “For Mobile Deposit Only – ISB” and your signature.
* Ensure all four corners of the check are visible and the MICR line is readable/visible (the numbers on the bottom of the check)
* Verify the amount you enter for deposit is the same amount as the check.
* Take the photo in a well-lit area
* Place check on a solid dark background
* Minimize the area around the check image
* Avoid shadows across the check
* Verify the image is clear
* Deposits will also be rejected if you have exceeded the deposit limit or if the check has already been submitted for deposit.
Destruction of Check – Keep your check that has been Mobile Deposited for at least 15 days after the deposit was accepted and posted to your account. After that time, please destroy the check.
Eligible Devices – The following is a list of supported devices. Other devices may be compatible, but may not be listed.
* Google Android Models
o Android (Froyo) 2.2 or newer
o Cameras with 2.0+ Megapixel resolution and autofocus
o Either touch screen or keyboard phones
* iPhone 3GS, 4, 4S, 5, 5S, 5C, and 6 models
o Apple iOS 5.0.1 or newer
* iPad 3, 4, and Mini
o Apple iOS 5.0.1 or newer
o Camera with 2.0+ Megapixel resolution and autofocus
* The iPad 1 and iPad 2 do not meet the minimum camera resolution